Friday, October 26, 2012

Romanian Castles

Romania is an OLD place. For those of us from the US, whose national history began less than 350 years ago, it is hard to comprehend the ancient-ness of Romania's past. This past week we were able to visit two of Romania's beautiful castles. Here a few pictures for your viewing pleasure:

 
Riding the train!

 
Peles Palace - the castle of the last king of Romania (ousted by the Communists in 1947)
 
 

 
We stayed in this cute little "pensiune" on Wednesday night.
 
 
Bran Castle (also known as Dracula's Castle)
 
 
Above the courtyard of Bran Castle
 


"Truly my soul finds rest in God;
    my salvation comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
    he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."
 
 - Psalm 62:1-2

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing and I'm praying for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a chance to visit the castles! Love how God puts people in your path so that you can share Him with them.

    ReplyDelete